All frequently asked questions pertaining to approved roof type, market offerings, and construction.
|Minimum System Size||8 panels|
|Minimum Panels per Array||2 panels|
|Meter Location||Meter must be located out-side and accessible 24-7.Meters not located outside can be quoted for relocation, however this work is typically very involved and cost estimates may range based on each home.|
|Min/Max Roof Pitch:||
If poor, reshingle will be required on minimum of solar mounting planes. Click here to read more about our reroofing program.
Palmetto will install 1 system with 1 interconnection to 1 meter, funded by 1 loan. Palmetto does not engage in meter combinations.
|Comp. Shingle||Accepted all markets|
|Standing Metal Seam||
Accepted all markets
|Corrugated Metal||Accepted, but subject to market manager review.|
|Ground Mounts||Not offered|
|Barrel Clay||Prohibited- all markets|
|Spanish Tile||Prohibited- all markets|
|Available States:||All, but subject to market manager review.|
|Roof Types (Flat)||Rubber membrane, rolled asphalt, bit mod.|
|Product Used:||Snapnrack (flush installation)|
|Parameters:||Applies to true flat roofs (IE, not sub 2/12 pitch roofs)|
|Adder:||(Keyword search "Adders" in Alchemy portal)|
- Can we install skirts? Palmetto does not currently install system skirts due to a) High risk of long term leaf/debris buildup 2) High risk of varmint/critter nesting and potential wiring damage 3) Higher maintenance risk (IE skirts falling off, etc)
- What if my customer needs a reroof? Palmetto can remove, then reinstall systems for a quote on a case-by-case basis. Generally speaking, quotes will vary by the number of flashings on the system (so, not necessarily the sheer number of panels). Quotes historically range, depending on the system and number of flashings. Payments for this service are accepted via electronic invoice to the customer.
- Does Palmetto do virtual net metering? Due to challenges with utility, electrical, and jurisdiction variances, Palmetto does not engage with multi-meter installs or virtual net metering. The general rule of thumb for our platform is, single loan, single meter/interconnection, single system.
- Can we do vaulted Ceilings? -- Depending on the home, Palmetto can install on these but oftentimes internal conduit is not possible (due to lack of attic space). Vaulted ceilings are not, necessarily, automatic DQs, but can be reviewed on a case by case. Most often, tongue and groove roof types, however, are an automatic DQ.
- A potential client already has a solar system. Can we sell him another one, or add on? Due to a number of liability reasons, no.
- Does Palmetto warranty natural disasters? Natural disasters generally fall under "force majeure" and are not warrantied in our contract (or, more than likely, any solar installer's contract). By way of a simple example, if a home is blown away by a tornado, the homeowner would need to make a claim through their homeowner's insurance.
- Does Palmetto do solar installs on pergolas? Due to a number of construction and liability reasons, no.
- Does Palmetto install on Townhomes? Palmetto can NOT install on a townhome that has a shared attic space OR grouped meters.
- Why not a shared attic? We can't install as a risk of leakage would be a liability for the neighboring home.
- Why not grouped meters? We can't install electrical equipment as electrical is tied together.
- If it's a distinctly independent townhome with its own clearly defined roof, attic, and meter (with space to install an inverter, etc.) then Palmetto will consider installing, BUT it's not often that a townhome checks all of those boxes needed.
- The best scenario is to submit a manual design to our Design Team to see if they will design it for you. If so, we can take the next steps. If not, then it will likely be a DQ.