Understand how to handle a reroof prior to solar installation.
Some homeowners may require a reroof to safely and properly install their system. Depending on the market, roughly 10-15% of PV systems will require a reroof attachment. Palmetto offers project management and cash flow financial services for reroofs. All reroofs financed through the Palmetto platform must be completed by a certified Palmetto Roofing Contractor.
The objectives of this program are:
- Reduce friction on Customer Journey by Palmetto managing reroof coordination
- Shorten cycle times to reroof sales
- Take cash flow burden off of our partners, as Palmetto will cash flow all roofing work
Reroofs are identified at 1 of 2 points:
- Effective 11/2/21, members can build a reroof quote directly into the Alchemy proposal
- If a site survey is reviewed and it is determined that a reroof is needed, Palmetto will initiate a change order before proceeding with the site validation stages.
Depending on the financier, partners may have the ability to roll reroofs into a solar loan, allowing the homeowner to make a slightly higher monthly payment cost, rather than pay out of pocket.
In these situations, reps should abide by the following guidelines:
|Financier||Max Non-Solar Allocation||Notes|
|Sunlight||No limit||SL does not have a non-solar allocation cap for permissible items: reroof, tree removal, electrical (needed to make home solar-ready)|
|Loanpal||35% of Loan value||Permissible items: reroof, tree removal, electrical (needed to make home solar-ready)|
Note: the above are general rules of thumb and may vary by financier
Option 1 (Preferred): Reroof quoted and Included in Proposal/Contract Upfront
|1||Sales Rep||Identifies during the sales process that a homeowner wants or needs a new reroof.|
|2||Sales Rep||Select "Add Roof Replacement" directly in the Alchemy proposals|
|3||Palmetto||Palmetto will be visible to the reroof once the order is placed and the homeowner has signed contracts. Palmetto will engage directly with the homeowner on reroof installation|
Option 2: Reroof Needed After Site Survey Review / Change Order Initiated
|1||Client/Sales Rep||VSS is submitted into Palmetto|
|2||Palmetto||Palmetto's engineering team determines a reroof is needed from the survey results.|
|3||Palmetto||Palmetto will notify the sales rep via email of the change, and provide pricing|
|4||Sales Rep||Sales rep has 5 business days to seek customer approval and execute roll into loan. If no actionable/affirmative response from the partner within 5 business days, Palmetto will contact homeowners directly.|
|5||Palmetto/Client||Once the homeowner has agreed to the new terms, Palmetto will send updated contracts for the homeowner to execute|
|6||Palmetto||Palmetto manages the reroof scheduling and installation directly with the homeowner via our roofing team|
|7||Palmetto||Palmetto manages the cash flow and invoicing with the roofer once work is complete. Solar installation is scheduled shortly thereafter.|
Can my contractor be certified?
- Absolutely, we welcome roofing partner referrals, however, not every roofing partner can be onboarded. This helps us maintain process and competitive pricing with our certified roofers.
Does this apply to all markets?
- Yes, we have roofing partners in all states.
Is pricing negotiable?
- No, we use contractors who are fully licensed, insured, and use only premium grade roofing materials. However, as volume grows, roof pricing will diminish.
Where can I refer contractors or ask additional questions?
- Please email Roofing@Palmetto.com with any additional questions or any contractor referrals.
Can my customer use their own roofer?
- No, when financing on Palmetto's platform, the project must be managed by Palmetto and a certified Palmetto roofer. This helps our operations team ensure that the reroof work completed is sufficient to install solar, and that solar can be installed in a timely manner after reroof.